When will Obama get an ‘a’ from Wall Street?
- by admin
The president will soon get a chance to show he is not beholden to the financial industry when he meets with the CEOs of hedge funds and other big banks.
| AP Photo Obama has long been a proponent of the financial services sector, which he has described as “a source of great opportunity and tremendous wealth.”
He said on Friday that the president will discuss the role of Wall Street in American society with CEOs of banks, insurers, and insurance companies in the first such meeting.
Aides have said the meeting will focus on financial services, not the economy, and it will not be a discussion about the economic recovery.
The White House also is set to announce that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew will visit the White House on Tuesday, and Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew will meet with the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee on Thursday.
In addition to the meetings with bank CEOs, the White.
is expected to release a list of more than 1,200 federal employees, including thousands of federal contractors, whose jobs are being threatened by climate change and automation.
The president will soon get a chance to show he is not beholden to the financial industry when he meets…
- Royal Air Force to deliver a major new logistics hub in UK, France
- This Concord Express Express Is Now the Best Way to Get to JFK
- How to order Express Freight Logistics from Amazon (UK?)
- How to manage rapid express and the other new technologies
- When is Pacific Express’ $5.8 billion rail project ready to begin?